"When I get ready to talk to people, I spend two thirds of the time thinking what they want to hear and one third thinking about what I want to say."
- Abraham Lincoln
- "Why is Computer Graphics Hard?", CHCCS Achievement Award Keynote Talk at Graphics Interface, Montreal, May 18, 2022.
- "Unsupervised Learning of 3D Shape Structures" (Youtube link starting around 45:00), keynote talk at ICCV Workshop on Structural and Compositional Learning on 3D Data, October 16, 2021.
- "Learning Generative Models of 3D Shapes: From Implicit Functions to Structured Representations", keynote talk at ChinaGraph, Xiamen, China, October 23-25, 2020.
- "Can Machines Learn to Generate 3D Shapes?", keynote talk at Symposium on Geometry Processing (SGP), Milan, Italy, July 8-10, 2019.
- "Computer Graphics in the Age of AI and Data-Driven Computing", keynote talk at Taiwan Annual Computer Graphcis Workshop (CGW), Tainan, Taiwan, June 29, 2018.
- "Can Machines Learn to Generate 3D Shapes?", keynote talk at Computer Graphcis International (CGI), Bintan Island, Indonesia, June 12, 2018.
- "From Symmetry to Functionality: An Evolution to Understand and Model 3D Shapes", keynote talk at Shape Modeling International (SMI), Lisbon, Portugal, June 6, 2018.
- "Can Machines Learn to Generate 3D Shapes?", keynote talk at CAD/Graphics, Changsha, China, August 26, 2017.
- "New Geometry Problems in Computational Design and Fabrication", keynote talk at Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG), Vancouver, Canada, August 5, 2016.
Online talks with Youtube links
- "From Pyramidality to Monotonicity: New Decomposition and Packing Problems for Fabrication and Planning" (Youtube link starting around 13:00), Toronto Geometry Symposium, November 19, 2021.
- "Compactness, Symmetry, and Functionality: An Evolution to 3D Shape Understanding and Representation" (Youtube link), 3DGV Virtual Seminar Series, July 21, 2021.
- "Learning Generative Models of 3D Shapes: From Implicit Functions to Structured Representations" (Youtube link), invited talk at UBC ICICS Centre for Artificial Intelligence Decision-making and Action (CAIDA), February 22, 2021.
Courses and state-of-the-art reports (STARs)
- "Learning Generative Models of 3D Structures", Eurographics 2020 STAR and 2019 tutorial (with Siddhartha Chaudhuri, Daniel Ritchie, Kai Xu, and Jiajun Wu).
- "Modeling and Remodeling 3D Worlds", SIGGRAPH Asia 2017 course (with Craig Yu, Sai Kit Yeung, and Daniel Aliaga).
- "Structure-Aware Shape Processing", SIGGRAPH 2014 and SIGGRAPH Asia 2013 courses (with Niloy Mitra, Michael Wand, Daniel Cohen-Or, Vlad- mir Kim, and Qi-Xing Huang).
- "How to Write a SIGGRAPH Paper", invited SIGGRAPH Asia 2011 course (with Daniel Cohen-Or, Baining Guo, Dani Lischinski, Olga Sorkine, Li-Yi Wei, and Kun Zhou).
- "Elements of Geometry Processing", invited SIGGRAPH Asia 2011 course (with Bruno Levy).
- "Spectral Mesh Processing", SIGGRAPH 2010 and SIGGRAPH Asia 2009 courses (with Bruno Levy), and Eurographics 2007 STAR.
- "A Survey on Shape Correspondence", Eurographics STAR 2010.
Other selected invited talks
- "3D Content Generation: from Inspired Modeling to Creative Modeling", given to PKU, ByteDance TikTok Lecture Series, and Shenzhen University, etc.
- "From Symmetry to Functionality: An Evolution to Understand 3D Shapes and Environments", given to Google, Huawei, National Chiao Tung University, Chinese University of Hong Kong, and Adobe, etc.
- "Pyramids, Tetris, Lego, and Spirals: New Geometry Problems for 3D Printing", given to National Tsing Hua University, University of California at Davis, and University of Hong Kong, etc.
- "Shape Compaction for Design and Fabrication", given to Autodesk Research, University of Waterloo, Nanjing University (2014/10/24), etc.
- "Function, Form, and Fabrication", given at Stanford University, etc.
- "Why is Computer Graphics Hard?", given to Zhejiang University, Microsoft Research Asia, and UBC, etc.
- "High-Level Geometry Processing: Now and New Challenges", given to Tsinghua University, HKUST, etc.
- "Delaunay Meshes: A Gentle Introduction", given to University of Toronto, University of Victoria, etc.