Operating Systems 2: Advanced OS and Distributed Systems
2008-3 Fall semester
Instructor: Richard Vaughan
Teaching Assistant: Amir Hedayaty
- Tuesdays 9:30-11:20 AQ 5030
- Thursdays 9:30-10:20 AQ 5016
- Richard Vaughan: Thursday 10:30-11:30 (after class) in TASC1 8009
- (TA): to be announced
Building on CMPT300, this course aims to give the student an in-depth
understanding of important issues in modern operating systems. They
include inter-process communication, caching, distributed file systems,
synchronization in distributed systems, and protection. Programming
projects will be in C.
- Distributed Systems Concepts and Design, G.
Coulouris, J. Dollimore, T. Kindberg, Addison-Wesley Longman, 3rd Edition
2001 or 4th Edition 2005.
- A reading list of research papers on this web site
CMPT 300 and 371, A minimum grade of C- is required in all prerequisite