Alaa R. Alameldeen
School of Computing Science
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive,
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6, Canada
Office: TASC 9407
BiographyAlaa Alameldeen is an Associate Professor at the School of Computing Science, Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, BC, Canada. Prior to joining SFU, he was a research scientist at Intel Labs in Hillsboro, Oregon, USA from 2006-2020. He was an Adjunct Faculty at Portland State University in Portland, Oregon, USA from 2008-2018. He received B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Computer Science from Alexandria University, Egypt. He received M.Sc. (2000) and Ph.D. (2006) degrees in Computer Sciences from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA.
Research InterestsI am interested in Computer architecture and systems research, including:
- Memory architecture, processing in/near memory, secure cache and memory systems, memory reliability, and cache/memory compression.
- Processor microarchitecture, multiprocessor architecture, energy-efficient architectures, and high-performance computing.
- Hardware/Software co-design, accelerators for machine learning workloads, performance evaluation of commercial workloads, and architectural support for operating systems and application software.
Student HiringI am looking for Ph.D. and M.Sc. students interested in computer architecture and systems research. My current focus is on high-performance, secure and energy-efficient memory architectures. If you are interested in any of these areas, please email me a copy of your CV with a brief description of your research interests and career goals.
- Old webpage at UW-Madison
- Details on current and past research
- (Mostly up-to date) Publications
- (Slightly out-of-date) CV
- My Google Scholar and DBLP pages
- Courses I teach
Last modified on Sunday, 03-Jan-2021 13:55:54 PST by Alaa R. Alameldeen.