Design of an E-R Database Scheme
Next: Mapping Cardinalities
Up: The Entity-Relationship Model
The E-R data model provides a wide range of choice in designing a
database scheme to accurately model some real-world situation.
Some of the decisions to be made are
- Using a ternary relationship versus two binary relationships.
- Whether an entity set or a relationship set best fit a real-world
- Whether to use an attribute or an entity set.
- Use of a strong or weak entity set.
- Appropriateness of generalization.
- Appropriateness of aggregation.
Page created and maintained by Osmar R. Zaï ane
Sun Sep 10 17:02:35 PDT 1995